Monday, March 16, 2020

Learning at Home Update


3/16/20
Thank you all for your prayers today.  I can’t begin to tell you how much I appreciate each and every one of you and your patience, prayers, and willingness to jump into this together.

Today, I spent my day meeting with the other Trinity teachers. After meeting together, we came up with a plan for what our teaching and learning will look like in the coming weeks. I’d like to share what that will look like for kindergarten. 

Kindergarten will focus on Faith Formation, Reading (phonics), Math, Writing, Handwriting, and a bit of Science/Social Studies. We will not have every subject every day.  I will be sharing a daily read aloud like the video I shared yesterday. Most of these will be me reading, but some will be of others reading. We will also have a daily devotion or Faith Formation activity for your family to complete together.

I will send you my first ‘official’ YouTube instruction video tomorrow by 6 p.m. to be implemented on Wednesday, March 18.  This will become our daily pattern.  I will send material to you by 6 p.m. to be used the following day. You may contact me with questions or concerns via text or email. Information will also be posted on the blog, tctkindergarten.blogspot.com

When these assignments are completed will look different for each family.  I will give you a plan for each weekday, but you may desire to work on the weekend as your family schedule allows or you may choose to keep up with my daily schedule during the week.  I promise to be flexible and understanding as we work around work schedules and life as we have not known it before.

Tuesday Plan
1) Send me a pic of your reading response from yesterday’s assignment
2) Watch for your next assignment by 6 pm tomorrow evening.

Please see the attached file for information on a FREE ABC Mouse account. They have generously made these accounts free for the duration of school closures. This website is completely optional. ABC Mouse offers fun and educational learning activities.

The Social Studies Fair has been cancelled.  We are going to put our project away for now. If your child would like to complete their Uncle Sam project, they are welcome to, but it is no longer required.  I love how the class was so excited to share their projects! They may bring their completed project to school when we return, but again, this is optional.

The Jimmy Johns Reading Program for the month of March is still on until we hear otherwise! Please hold on to the bookmarks until we return to school.

Thanks again for all the prayers,
Mrs. Gastmeier


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankfulness Drive

 Today, we gathered all of the donations from the last few weeks for the Macomb Foster Closet, along with items purchased through our Thrive...